Re: [debian-devel] Packages still using old-style debconf

Am 11.02.04 um 14:54:35 schrieb Tollef Fog Heen:
> Well, there is representation no of the string in the C locale, which
> is why I'm using no_NO as my locale.  If gettext can't handle that,
> it's broken.

I can't parse this paragraph.

> This will cause translators to copy «bokmal» from the C text into the
> translated text, even when they can use the full Latin 1 character
> set.

That's why you can have comments in PO files. They help translators.
xgettext gets them from C sources automatically if the comment is on the
line directly preceding the string; I don't know about parsing other
input languages[*], though.

Bye,
    Mike

[*] Computer languages, not natural languages.

--
|=| Michael Piefel
|=| Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin