Re: Architecture distribution in Debian according to popcon

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 09:18:11PM +0100, Florent Rougon wrote:
> > Quoting from master.d.o's exim.conf:
> >
> > sender_verify = true
> > headers_sender_verify = true
>
> Ah, thanks. I had a quick look at the exim documentation to know what
> the exact checks are but found:
>
>   The check is performed by running the same verification code as is
>   used when Exim is called with the -bvs option, that is, by running the
>   directors and routers in verify mode.
>
> so it is still a bit vague.

sender_verify means that it will check if the hostname mentioned in MAIL
FROM: exists. headers_* will do the same for the Sender: and From: field.

With Exim 4, the popcon address could be excluded from this list, but I
doubt it's possible with Exim 3...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.