Re: Re: w3m -> standard, lynx -> optional

  Hello,

  regarding UTF8 support in ELinks, it's not so well but neither so bad.
ELinks can chew pages in Unicode - it recodes them to the terminal
charset. It can also handle UTF8 terminals - go to Terminal options and
enable UTF8 I/O (it's not very well tested as I personally do not use it
but a report comes time by time that it is working).

  However, it does not handle documents in UTF8 internally, and it
probably will not in the near future. It is our bad inheritance from
Links, which has that concept hardcoded and it will mean a lot of work
to fix this up; it probably will not change anytime soon, I'm afraid,
unless there will be a really strong cry for it from our users :-).

  So, UTF8 I/O outputs stuff in UTF8, but only the subset contained in
Terminal charset, which is the charset in which the document is kept
rendered.

  Kind regards,

--

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis