Re: 185 Packages that look orphaned

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 12:14:39PM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > [Herbert Xu]
> > > You better leave my packages alone.
> >
> > I suspect that the proper way to make sure your packages are left
> > alone, is for you to make sure they propagate into testing as they
> > should.  If they don't, the responsibility is yours if the packages
> > are orphaned.
>
> The responsibility is also on people orphaning packages to actually
> check why they aren't propagating into testing, rather than operating
> scattergun.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

As I will do before actually starting on any package. This was just a
first warning shot as an attempt to get as many packages out of the
list with a minimum of investigative work for everyone. 33% are
already cleared up.

Of cause it would help to know what packages I should leave alone. If
I forget about it and NMU one of your packages or start to orphan them
by accident or if you get a reminder note that you haven't yet replied
in a while please don't whine.

Herbert: I checked the kernel-* packages against you, anything else I
should better stay away from?

MfG
        Goswin