Re: build-conflicts with self

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> Any known examples of source packages build-conflicting with their
> own binary packages? (Would this be considered pure EViL?)

Not always. Sometimes you have to choose between two evils.

In gettext, I was close to add a build-conflicts with itself because
of a libtool problem: libgettextsrc ended up being linked against the
previously installed version of libgettextlib, not against the
libgettextlib to be included in the .deb which was being created.

Relibtoolizing with Debian libtool made this not needed, fortunately.