Re: 185 Packages that look orphaned

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 05:01:12AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> writes:
>
> You didn't have to CC all 150 DDs for this. :)

Uh. Whoops.

[...]
> > This one is made to make d-i possible for m68k. However, as m68k doesn't
> > have a usable debian-installer yet (which I'm sure you know), this can't
> > go in yet.
>
> Why can't that go into sarge? Ok it wouldn't be much use there now but
> nothing prevents it from being there. And when d-i support for macs is
> added it doesn't have to be pushed in then.
>
> Last I heard kernel 2.6 support for mac was being worked on and 2.4 is
> getting skipped alltogether. I don't expect any newer udeb to replace
> this any time soon.

No, but for the time being they're required as neither 2.6 nor 2.4 works
on macs currently. Yes, it's being worked on, but we can't guarantee
it'll be available in time for sarge. As long as that isn't the case, we
still need 2.2

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."