Re: Nedit ripe for NMU

Hi!

On 2004-01-26 19:22 -0500, Josh Metzler wrote:
> The Nedit in unstable and testing has failed to uninstall correctly for at
> least 118 days (see bugs #213325 and #214808) due to a simple prerm error.

Shouldn't these bugs be RC then? IMHO yes, I just upgraded the
severity. Please feel free to downgrade if you (or anybody else)
disagrees.

> I submitted a one-liner patch, which I tested locally, to the bts
> almost a month ago.  The maintainer has not commented on either of
> these bugs or the patch.  One week ago I e-mailed the maintainer
> asking for feedback, which I have not received, and saying that I
> would ask on -devel for someone to NMU it if I did not hear back.  I
> would do the NMU myself, but I'm not a dd.

I can help you with uploading, but I don't have time to prepare a
proper NMU. Regarding nedit's outstanding 31 bugs (+5 wishlist) and
its poor maintenance, a NMU should do more than just fixing this prerm
error.

However, just try to send madkiss an NMU announcement; the last time I
did that for qt-x11-free, he uploaded an updated version then.

If you want to take further steps, you are welcome to contact me (in
private) if you need assistance with uploading and/or a second look.

Have a nice day!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org