Re: Soliciting "I need these everywhere I go" package lists from Debian admins

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 14:48 -0500, David B Harris wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 07:45:57 -0500
> Johann Koenig <johann@mental-graffiti.com> wrote:
> > What advantages does telnetd-ssl have over ssh?
>
> It has absolutely no advantages over SSH whatsoever. None at all. At
> least, none that I'm aware of.

It supports PKI, which SSH doesn't, at least not without patches. This
means that you can sign your host and user keys with a CA, and then
you only need the CA certificate (plus revocation lists) to determine
which host and user keys to trust. In SSH, you need to have the public
key of every host and user you want to trust. The SSH way of managing
keys is also specific to SSH, while PKI is used in all SSL
applications (for example).

/Pelle