Re: Soliciting "I need these everywhere I go" package lists from Debian admins

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 07:45:57 -0500
Johann Koenig <johann@mental-graffiti.com> wrote:
> I'd remove telnetd-ssl from David's list. If I use telnet, its to test
> things like mail servers, where I'm just connecting to a remote port.
> What advantages does telnetd-ssl have over ssh? Plus, it would be
> beneficial if telnetd-ssl was used, to have it automatically reject
> plain-text sessions.

It has absolutely no advantages over SSH whatsoever. None at all. At
least, none that I'm aware of. That being said, it's always important to
have more than one way to access a remote machine which you can't
physically access without a lot of effort ;)

(And yeah, you can restrict it to SSL connections only, that's what I
set it to.)