Re: Documentation of original source tarballs

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 08:45:01PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> I have tried to consense my corrected understanding of the technical
> requirements and current best practices into the following text, which
> I intend to contribute to some appropriate collection of
> documentation. For now, I solicit comments, especially on the
> following points:

If we're going to be explicit about defining the handling of
orig.tar.gz, and when native and non-native source packging should be
used, we should also note that sometimes it is necessary to use a
debian-native packaging, due to a defficiencies in dpkg-source, diff,
and patch not being able to handle modified or new binary files.

						- Ted