Re: TLDP and Debian

Stein Gjoen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am member of The Linux Documentation Project (TLDP)
> 	< http://www.tldp.org >
> and am working on in improving coverage of the document
> collection. Since both projects value freedom and aims at
> producing free systems, I hope we can find a common interest.
>
> I have been busy installing Debian 3.0r1 the last few weeks
> and noticed several tools had premade link lists such as
> web links and RSS links.
>
> TLDP was not listed many places I was looking.
>
> Would it be possible to have links added to
> - TLDP home page
> - ... with language specific pages listed
> - TLDP Weekly News
> - RSS feed (for our weekly news)
> - link to TLDP archives on disk (Debian has an archive)

You should talk to the individual maintainer.  This person is rechable
at the generic address <packagename>@packages.debian.org at least.

You should also check whether it is a normal bug or just a wishlist
request to get TLDP listed and maybe open a bug report for the
particular package.  (beware mass bug filing, discuss that on this
list first).

> Considering maintenence releases such as r1 do not include
> updates of documentation it seems important to get this done
> before next Debian release and I don't know the time tables
> planned.

Aye.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.