Re: Making SysV boot scripts reboot faster

This one time, at band camp, Peter Cordes said:
>  It's something that's not worth the effort for any one system, only
>  if it's going to help everyone (well, desktop and laptop users).
>  That's why I posted here instead of just removing rc[06].d/*hdparm,
>  etc. on my systems.

Just for this one script, and not as part of the general conversation:
steve:~$ ls /etc/rc*.d/*hdparm
/etc/rc0.d/K75hdparm  /etc/rc1.d/K75hdparm  /etc/rc2.d/K75hdparm
/etc/rc3.d/K75hdparm  /etc/rc4.d/K75hdparm  /etc/rc5.d/K75hdparm
/etc/rc6.d/K75hdparm  /etc/rcS.d/S07hdparm

and

steve:~$ grep -A1 stop /etc/init.d/hdparm
  stop)
    exit 0

Please _don't_ remove the symlinks - they're harmless, and actually help
with not getting the script rerun on upgrade.  It is only run in rcS.d,
and all the others contain stop links to force it to _not_ rerun at any
other time than boot.

Sorry to wander away from the general conversation,
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |