Re: Apt and rsync... I know...

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 03:39:57PM +0000, Mark Howard <mh@debian.org> was heard to say:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 02:16:59PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > It seems to me that much of such grief could be averted more easily by
> > inventing an easy way to inspect the changelogs before downloading the
> > entire set of .debs, and then decide package-for-package which ones to
> > upgrade.
>
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/
>
> Would be nice to have it integrated into aptitude though.

  Support exists for downloading a changelog (dating to back in the
old days when changelogs were previously posted on p.d.o), but the code
will have to change to take into account the new location.  I guess it
can be deduced from the location of the binary package in the pool.

  Daniel

|               I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.                |
\---- Be like the kid in the movie!  Play chess! -- http://www.uschess.org ---/