RFA: odbc-postgresql -- ODBC support for PostgreSQL

Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

Hello everybody!

Currently odbc-postgresql is built as part of the postgresql source
package. But we want to split off ancillary packages like this one
because of big architectural changes that will be made in the
postgresql package and because no maintainer actually uses ODBC.

It is not very hard to maintain and it just has 3 open bugs (2 are a
bit more tricky, though). I already checked that it builds without
problems as a separate source package (i. e. without the postgresql
source tree).

If somebody actually uses ODBC with postgresql and is interested in
it, then please contact us at

  pkg-postgresql-public@lists.alioth.debian.org

(I set reply-to to this address), by writing a bug followup or at
d-devel.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Martin (PostgreSQL comaintainer)
p. p. Oliver Elphick

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org