Re: cdrdao, atapi, k3b

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 11:31:01AM -0500, Laurence J. Lane wrote:
[...]
>>   cdrdao (1:1.1.7-4) experimental; urgency=low

>>   * Ram in a new version of libscg. This should get the linux 2.5+ ATAPI
>>     interface to work.

> I use cdrdao at least once a week, and I've been running 2.6 on my box
> with the fast burner since about two days before the date on that
> changelog entry - yeah, these things are not unrelated. It works at
> least as well as cdrecord does (which isn't very; it can't manage more
> than about 42x, and this burner can do 48x).
[...]

I have not burned a Cd-R for some weeks (I use RWs more regularily)
but I am quite sure I did burn an Audio-CD at x48 when I made a test
run of Linux 2.6. - Your problems might be related to the discs you
use, apparently there is lots of junk sold, that cannot be reliably
written, a smart burner might decrease the speed, trying to
compensate.
                 cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_