Re: how to do delayed uploads

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> [2004-01-13 13:48]:
>
>>>AFAIK ftp-master cannot accessed with ssh at the moment. How can I
>>>do a delayed upload? Is there a special upload queue somewhere?

>>I don't think it's possible at present.

> No, it's currently not possible.  I wanted to respond to ask for
> volunteers, but then someone said he'd take a look at it.  Anyway,
> since this hasn't happened yet, the sources for debianqueued are in
> project/misc on any Debian mirror.  If someone wants to give it a go,
> that would be good.

If my assessment is correct then
- delayed is not handled by debianqueued
- the old delayed system relied on developers being able
  to log in to delete stuff from the delayed dirs
  (I might be totally wrong on this, but it's my guess without
   doing a great deal of research.)
- this is not feasible anymore, as .commands only work in current
  (queue) dir.

One possible solution would be:
- Change the delayed system to use .DELAYED.xx-day extensions instead of
  subdirs
- Adjust upload tools

I'd volunteer to implement the serverside and/or dput client side of
this, lets say until Sunday evening CET.
I've also very recently submitted source for a debian command upload
tool (dcut) to facilitate uploading .command files to Christian (the
dput maintainer), so this would be a good match.

Kind regards

Thomas

--
Thomas Viehmann, <http://beamnet.de/tv/>