Re: Upcoming Debian multiarch support (amd64, sparc64, s390x, mips64) [affects sarge slightly]

Le mar 13/01/2004 à 19:48, Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :
> Everything else will most likely be ported to 64 bit at some stage. If
> someone is willing to port something I see no reason to not include
> the result in debian-amd64. Through that eventually everything of
> intrest will be ported.

This is completely insane. If nothing is done without some interest from
the maintainer, having packages ported will be a terrible pain. AMD64
users will have to hurry hundreds of maintainers to make an effort for
an arch they don't use, and it's not like there weren't any lazy
maintainers.

> The problems are the same, the extend of the probems (amount of
> packages affected) is different.

That's why we need a way to have all the archive rebuilt, not just a
part of it. Without that, we won't have all packages built for amd64
before several *years*.

Face it: as is, this port is useless.