Re: [debian-devel] Re: Top 5 things that aren't in Debian but should be :-)

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 07:31:21AM +0000, Magosányi Árpád wrote:
> A levelez?m azt hiszi, hogy Nano Nano a következ?eket írta:
> >
> > I'm suprised a lawsuit hasn't been brought under the DMCA regarding
> > "reverse engineering"
>
> The mplayer developers are mostly Hungarian. It is a free country
> in Europe. We don't have such ridiculous laws: no patents on
> sowftare, and reverse engineering is explicitly allowed
> for interoperation purposes.

Yeah, I realized that, but who says you have to sue the developers?
I don't mean to be handing the bad guys their playbook, but with the
recent RIAA "sue the users" stuff, you will find that lawyers eventually
accomplish what lawyers want.

I keep reading about how this is a global economy: you may not utter
such statements casually, without implications.