Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

Colin Watson writes:

> I see nothing but problems in this part of Dominique's
> proposal. Changes to a package should be made *in that package*, not
> worked around by introducing additional packages especially when the
> dependency structure isn't correct. If the maintainer isn't
> responding quickly enough for you, the NMU mechanism is available.

See my other mail, you have clearly misunderstood my proposal.

You have to realise that requiring a translator to file bugs, followup
on them, do an NMU (!) if necessary places a very high workload on
them, and reduces the amount of people qualified to do it by a lot.
The main advantage of my proposal would be to lessen the workload for
the translators.

cheers
domi