Re: Water and Fire (was: MIA, Incompetent and holiday-loving maintainers)

ma, 2004-01-05 kello 03:46, Pascal Hakim kirjoitti:
> 	On a similar note... We recently disabled all accounts, and
> asked people to get a new password. Are there any number available as
> to the number of people who haven't requested a new password yet?
>
> 	I realise some people probably haven't done so because of
> holidays or GPG key problems, but it should still be an interesting
> rough figure.

Some people - I suspect many - haven't generated a new password because
they don't need the accounts. In fact, it is probably even better from a
security point of view if people don't have accounts unless they really
need them. Thus I doubt that password generation correlates particularly
well with being missing in action.

It might be useful as a data point, but on the other hand, I can't see
how it would help more than checking upload activity, at least for those
developers who maintain packages.

--
http://liw.iki.fi/liw/log/