Re: Documentation-based solution for lm-sensors mess, pass one

On Jan 2, 2004, at 15:23, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

And a number out of tree drivers so,
    (insert drivers list here)
    (insert package list at Conflicts above)

Please don't add conflicts. There is no reason lm-sensors can be installed along with kernel-patch-foo. Sure, I can't use them with the same kernel, but for example I build many kernels on some machines, then scp those debs to a different machine to run them.

There are a lot of -dev packages that can't be used together, I'm sure, but they don't have Conflicts on each other.