Re: Request for NMUs.

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 01:04:30PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I think that having
> multiple developers involved in a package's life cycle is a GOOD thing,
I agree - co-maintenance is a good thing. However, I think many of these
NMUs for RC bugs are being done just to reduce the rc bug count - the
NMUer just fixes an rc bug and ignores the other bugs. Indeed, we are
discouraged from making NMUs for non-RC issues.

> but there are plenty of valid
> reasons for an NMU and no reason that a maintainer should need to upload
> and confirm the NMU if there are no other bugs needing fixing.
I agree - but looking through those nmus, how many do you think fall
into this category?

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :