Re: apt 0.6 in experimental

On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 23:38, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Oh. Also, you're expected to have entries for the md5sum & size
> of the uncompressed Packages files *even if you only distribute the
> compressed versions*. That's quite important for debootstrap's caching,
> and possibly apt's.

Yes, this is good to point out.  I figured it out a few days ago, but...

> Oh, and your problem is that your paths should be relative to the
> directory the Release file's in, not the directory dists/ is in. ie:

...aha!  The error message makes perfect sense now.  Thank you!
My repository is now properly signed, and apt 0.6.10 digs it.  =)

One thing I noticed, though, is that in Release files apt does not
consider "./nwt/binary-i386/Packages" to be equivalent to
"nwt/binary-i386/Packages".  It would be nice if either apt normalized
the "./" out of those paths, or if "apt-ftparchive release ."
special-cased the "." and output the latter form.  But for now, a simple
pipe through "sed 's@ \./@ @'" works.

Cheers,
nate
...who thinks he really should have been able to figure that one out,
darn it!  =)