apt experimental breaks w/ webcaching (was Re: apt 0.6 in experimental)

On Jan 1, 2004, at 17:41, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:

a while today.

However, now I get new errors:

Fetched 287kB in 0s (347kB/s)
Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/non-free/binary-i386/ Packages.gz MD5Sum mismatch Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/non-free/source/ Sources.gz MD5Sum mismatch
Reading Package Lists... Error!

Installed 0.6.9, and now:

Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/contrib/binary-i386/ Packages.gz MD5Sum mismatch Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/contrib/source/ Sources.gz MD5Sum mismatch Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/contrib/source/ Sources.gz MD5Sum mismatch
Reading Package Lists... Done

Is it possible that I'm getting outdated copies of the Packages.gz and Sources.gz file, possible due to my webcache? Yes, taking out the proxy in /etc/apt/apt.conf fixes this.

Squid is certainly within its rights to not fetch a new version of Packages.gz and Sources.gz while fetching the new Release file, and it seems it happens. Especially with the amount of transparent proxying that exists in the wild, this could be a problem...