Re: Backport of the integer overflow in the brk system call

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 01:28:28PM -0800, Tom wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 08:51:50PM +0100, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> > Tom <tb.31123.nospam@comcast.net> writes:

> > [snip]
> > >
> > > If it wasn't a big deal we wouldn't be talking about it.  It shut down
> > > servers.  It's dangerous enough.
> > >
> > Note the "looks like".
>
> I read all the words but took a completely different meaning :-)
> I'm from the South, we have different speech patterns...

South of where?

> "the hole doesn't look like that it is that dangerous"
> means something different than
> the hole doesn't look like that it is dangerous"
> in my ears ...
>
> "that" is diminuitve in my dialect if you don't put emphasis on it :-)

As far as security goes, we have to take 'dangerous' to mean
exactly that, diminutive or not.  But if it didn't look like
a vulnerability then we can't blame anyone for missing it.

--

--- Geoff Richards -------------><-------------- http://ungwe.org/ ---
"I tried to fling my shadow at the moon,