Re: Backport of the integer overflow in the brk system call

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 08:51:50PM +0100, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Tom <tb.31123.nospam@comcast.net> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 11:06:44PM +0800, Isaac To wrote:
> >> rather far from changing anything in the kernel memory.  Andreas is
> >> definitely right that the hole doesn't look like that it is that dangerous.
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > If it wasn't a big deal we wouldn't be talking about it.  It shut down
> > servers.  It's dangerous enough.
> >
> Note the "looks like".

I read all the words but took a completely different meaning :-)
I'm from the South, we have different speech patterns...

"the hole doesn't look like that it is that dangerous"
means something different than
the hole doesn't look like that it is dangerous"
in my ears ...

"that" is diminuitve in my dialect if you don't put emphasis on it :-)