Re: Debian Enterprise - a Custom Debian Distribution

Hello Töns,
we are trying to get the Siemens ServerView ported to debian.
After I read your message. I think you may have contact to FSC?
Or may be this software is already ported?
Do you have some more information for me?

Thank you in advance

best regards

Alex

Toens Bueker schrieb:

David B Harris <david@eelf.ddts.net> wrote:

And I think I have the structure to make this work. I'm
writing now, should have something for you later today.

Sorry, yeah. I should instead have said "*their*
company", not any one company. The company they buy
their hardware and support from. In my mind, HP and IBM
are paramount, since they also happen to be the only two
major suppliers for the shop I work in :)

For Germany Fujitsu-Siemens Computers (FSC) would be
another "target". Although they are officially supporting
SuSE and RH only, they have been very helpful in "porting"
their system management stuff (e. g. snmp agents) to
Debian.
by
Töns