Re: Debian Enterprise - a Custom Debian Distribution

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 06:45, Bruce Perens wrote:
> Note there is also a gnUserlinux.org, but RMS objects to that name -
> he feels that people will percieve it as an official FSF project if
> the GNU comes first. This came as something of a surprise.

:)

I'd be betting you're not the only one.

However, knowing he very clearly defines what is and what is not part
of/ aligned with his philosophy on Free Software, I'd be pretty sure
there must be something about the gnUserLinux.org site that falls
outside what he can endorse.

That or he doesn't want the FSF to (or the FSF simply can't, perhaps
according to its charter) officially endorse anything that it does not
have an official agreement with.

Apologies to whomever I might be simply restating the obvious.

cheers
zen

--
Debian Enterprise: A Custom Debian Distribution: http://debian-enterprise.org/