Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 09:11:43AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > How about we start a debian-flavours/debian-custom list to take this
> > further and nut it out once and for all?  Every subproject has its own
> > goals and preferences, we just need to agree on the common requirements
> > and how they should integreate with d-i.
> See #160229.  It was closed because of a reason I absolutely do not agree
> but feel free to reopen it.
> (Especially long threads like this might be moved to this list and would
>  keep debian-devel smaller.)

Please see http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-nonprofit/News/2003/20030717

"The meeting ended with two major conclusions:[...]
 2. They agreed to try to put effort into increasing the amount of
    communication between custom distributions. Since it is currently
    unclear if creating a mailing list for custom distribution
    discussion is necessary, the group decided to report to each other
    and the project on the whole through debian-devel-announce and to
    carry on custom distribution related discussions on debian-devel
    prefixing their messages with [custom] in the tradition of
    Debian-Desktop."

Well, since I don't see the [custom] tag very often here, I can imagine
that we're not ready for creating a new mailing list.  We could just
start using the [custom] tag here, and when we see that debian-devel gets
flooded with [custom] tags, then it will be clear we need a separate
mailing list.

And there's the wiki at http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?CustomDebian:
this long thread contains a lot of useful juice that definitely wants to
land there.

Ciao,

Enrico