Re: Which packages will hold up the release?

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 10:04:38PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Note that the testing scripts themselves do not examine Build-Depends
> today; such problems are only identified through manually filed RC bug
> reports.  Which is not to say that we shouldn't be tracking such
> problems -- just that they don't actually hold a package out of testing
> by default.

I would really like to know who I need to bribe in order to get this to
happen.  I do not have a useful development environment at this time due to
my living situation, so unfortunately I cannot apply myself to thisk task
directly.

It is critical that we be able to at least satisfy build-dependencies within
a release, as a step toward guaranteeing buildability of packages within a
release.  This is important for prompt security updates, license compliance
and other good things.

--
 - mdz