Re: How come X seems insistent on managing my XF86Config now?

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:

> Just answer the questions.

Well there seem to be a lot of them. And a lot of them don't seem to have
default answers. Or in some cases any reasonable answer given my setup.

> It doesn't insist on "managing" your XF86Config-4 file now, it just insists
> on asking you questions because I need to (greatly) improve the
> PRIORITY_CEILING logic which I failed to implement correctly.

Ick. That's, uhm, really really annoying, but I guess you know that.

> Please see <URL: http://people.debian.org/~branden/xsf/FAQ > (near the
> end) if you'd like to know what's going on.

I did check there. But it seemed to say there were a million reasons why it
shouldn't be asking me all these questions and the only advice it gave was how
to convince it to take control back if it stopped. I assumed if it wasn't
managing my config file it wouldn't ask me the questions.

--
greg