Re: How come X seems insistent on managing my XF86Config now?

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 12:21:39PM -0400, Gregory Stark wrote:
> I've always managed my own XF86Config, and the debian packages have for the
> most part stayed out of my way. How come now I can't upgrade without answering
> dozens of questions about my graphics card and monitor etc. I've been stuck at
> this version for a while since I always C-c the configuration and that dumps
> me out of the install.
>
> I seem to have 4.2.1-9 installed and am trying to install 4.2.1-12.1:

Just answer the questions.  It doesn't insist on "managing" your
XF86Config-4 file now, it just insists on asking you questions because I
need to (greatly) improve the PRIORITY_CEILING logic which I failed to
implement correctly.

Please see <URL: http://people.debian.org/~branden/xsf/FAQ > (near the
end) if you'd like to know what's going on.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I must confess to being surprised
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    by the magnitude of incompatibility