Re: Which packages will hold up the release?

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 01:54:13PM +0200, Bj?rn Stenberg wrote:
> Does anyone have a policy-compliant version comparator in Perl that I
> can reuse?

There's one in debbugs CVS, module source, Debbugs/Versions/Dpkg.pm,
translated from dpkg's algorithm as of a couple of years ago. It doesn't
do "~" yet (but then I don't think policy does either).

Alternatively, you could use libapt-pkg-perl, but that's quite hard to
get going on stable.

> Speaking of xaw3d, I found a discrepancy in versions that I don't
> understand. testing/main/source/Sources says xaw3d in testing is
> version 1.5+E-1, while testing/main/binary-i386/Packages says xaw3d in
> testing is version 1.5-25. How come the source and binary packages
> have different versions in testing?

They don't - I think your mirror is out of date. Both source and binary
are 1.5+E-4 in testing.

Cheers,