Re: Language extensions in programs under /usr/bin

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 05:48:17PM -0400, Marco Paganini <paganini-debian-devel@paganini.net> was heard to say:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> >   I think it's worth pointing out that if a file called "ask.py" is in
> > /usr/bin, the statement:
> >
> > import ask
> >
> >   from a Python program in /usr/bin which hasn't modified its sys.path
> > will, unless I am terribly confused, pick up ask.py instead of whatever
> > module it was looking for.  I'm not aware of any module named "ask"
> > right now, but I can certainly imagine someone creating one.
>
> That would not be a problem, as no other program imports ask.py...

  Are you confident that no other program will ever want to "import ask"?

  Daniel

|             "We've got nothing to fear but the stuff that we're             |
|              afraid of!" -- Fluble                                          |
\-Evil Overlord, Inc: planning your future today. http://www.eviloverlord.com-/