Re: libssl0.9.7 restarts services after security update

Hi, Christoph Martin wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> as of the latest update of libssl0.9.7 the postinst is able to restart
> certain services which use the ssl or crypto library, so that they don't
> use the faulty libraries any longer. I used part of the code from
> libc6.postinst. Currently there is only apache-ssl, ssh and sendmail in
> the list of services to be restarted. Please let me know if you wish
> more services to be included in the list.

Offhand, and scanning the reverse-depends list for packages I know more
than zilch about, I'd include inn2, asterisk, stunnel4, postgresql,
mysql-server, fetchmail, bind9, pidentd, proftpd{,-ldap,-mysql,-pgsql},
keepalived, apache2-* ... ouch, that's a rather long (and, most likely,
incomplete) list.  :-/

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
 - -