Re: your mail

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 02:28:25PM +0200, r100.354482@nexgo.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working with Linux pthreads, from the glibc 2.2.3.

^^^^^^

That's your explanation.

Or, more precisely: this is a known issue with Linux Threads, and one of
the main reasons the new threading setup is so much nicer (little things
like, oh, actually following the POSIX spec on such things).

> The problem occurs when I try to shut down my aplication controlled
>by receiving signal SIGTERM. The root thread receives the signal and
>makes a pthread_cancel() to all threads and waits with pthread_join() for
>cancellation. But a thread waiting on pthread_cond_timedwait() doesn`t
>cancel and so pthread_join() doesn`t return.

Further discussion probably isn't on-topic for debian-devel, however,
unless you're talking about building a Debian package...
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU NetBSD/i386 porter                                        : :' :