Package.gz signing

I've been doing some research into the current state of GPG signing
official apt sources.

I've found a few conversations on this mailing circa 2000-2001 about
creating a Packages.gpg and a seperate update procedure for updating
this file, and then verifying Packages.gz against it.

I cannot find any information beyond this.

What is the current status of this? Do we hope to have this implemented
for Sarge? It would be a wonderful addition. It's something most other
distro's have that we don't.

Cheers.

--
Jerry Haltom <jhaltom@feedbackplusinc.com>