Re: Which packages will hold up the release?

Hi!

Am 2003-10-02 12:38 +0200 schrieb Peter Makholm:
> I don't know the reason for some packages being marked [REMOVE] but it
> seems to me that it is not just an 'This package is not essential for
> a releas an useful distribution'.

OTOH, php4 is marked for removal. I assume that I'm not the only one
that would classify it as important. In addition, it is odd that there
are still packages depending on php4 which are not marked for removal.

I did not dig into the reasons why php4 should be removed (BTS says
"see -release", but that doesn't tell me anything), so I don't object
against it loudly. But I would certainly call it a pity if it
disappears. It would make Debian much less useful for the average LAMP
server.

Maybe someone can enlighten me here?

Thanks and have a nice day!

Martin