Re: Re: apt-get internals help

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 04:34:30PM -0700, Matt Chorman wrote:

> Sorry, I meant to follow this but I am not subscribed to the list - please cc
> me in your response.

Set your Mail-Followup-To: appropriately and this will happen automatically.

> A script does not have to be *too* intellegent to do this - adding an
> environment variable to the rules package at the configure line should
> suffice. At this point (at least from all the packages I've torn apart and
> looked at), it appears that it will work. The only problem will come when
> there are conflicting configure commands... i.e. " --with-package -
> --disable-package" . I *believe* the last configure options passed will
> take precedence, so the ENV var I will use will go towards the end. Dirty,
> but it will work. If I am wrong, please let me know.

Exactly how many packages have you looked at?  It cannot be very many if you
did not encounter any which do not use autoconf.

> We've already modified apt-build to include CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS and you
> can (mostly) rebuild your (optimized) system with your own -Ox and -march
> flags.

What does apt-build have to do with it?  You need to modify the package
itself to honor CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.  If you have done this, have you sent
the patches to the BTS?

--
 - mdz