Re: tmda: Challenge-response is fundamentally broken (RAPNAP)

Hello

I've been trying to popularize a centralized challenge-response
database since last fall.  It seems to me that becoming a debian
package maintainer for the software to use it would make sense.

Unlike TMDA's distributed profusion of extended addresses, a
central RAPNAP (return address, peer network address pair) database
only needs to send out a challenge when you change your outgoing
SMTP server.  In effect, a central server caches challenge responses,
so individual challenges are no required all the time.

I suppose a RAPNAP patch for Mailman would be a good thing to
write...

David Nicol