Re: "non-free" software included in contrib

Mathieu Roy dijo [Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 02:23:40PM +0200]:
> So I do not agree that "Contrib is a ok place for installers". While
> basically these installer are free software, it's a little bit
> hypocritical to claim that these package contains free software.
>
> Finally, someone who install the contrib flashplugin-nonfree get on
> his computer a non-free software, possibly without even noticing it,
> because he never seen a dependancy against a package in non-free.

Not only that... This user in question might have chosen not to install
non-free software, by not listing non-free in his sources.list (I know
that listing contrib but not non-free will lead to broken packages,
but... A user might do it). He might even be running vrms - and vrms
will not complain about the non-free software he has installed!

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23