Re: Bits from the RM: Help Wanted, Apply Within

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 10:40:55PM +0100, Casper Gielen wrote:

> Not at all, more like the opposite. Not being able to understand the language
> of the system you installed (in your own language) is weird. Installation is
> a one time process, prefereabbly done by an experienced admin. After that the
> system can be used by many non-technical users.

Please note that the stuff we are discussing on will not be seen at all by
non-technical users. Since they will not be installing packages (and thus
using debconf or the package descriptions) at all. Debian does not do an
coordinated effort in translation upstream packages since this is already
done by GNU's po translation teams.

Of course, this could also be a way to make users confortable installing
the system and then don't give them a clue on how to remove it later on
from the hard drive :-)

Regards

	Javi