Re: 'dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion' caused by no files in root of orig.tar.gz

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 03:38:47PM +0100, Durk Strooisma wrote:
> > I this particular case it would look like binary files were created and
> > modified, and some files were deleted.
> >
> > This could, for instance be done automatically by the Makefile.
> >

> Well, all the warnings and the final error happen before the execution of
> the rules file, so the contents couldn't be changed by a Makefile. The
> warnings appear in the process of generating the .diff.gz file.

Read that again!

The output you quoted quite clearly shows dpkg-buildpackage
running debian/rules clean before dpkg-source!

dpkg-buildpackage: source package is unicode-character-database
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 3.2.0-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Durk Strooisma <durk@kern.nl>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
make[1]: Entering directory `/local/appl/unicode-character-database'
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -f build-stamp
dh_clean
make[1]: Leaving directory `/local/appl/unicode-character-database'
 dpkg-source -b unicode-character-database
dpkg-source: warning: source directory `./unicode-character-database' is not
<sourcepackage>-<upstreamversion> `unicode-character-database-3.2.0'
[...]

I can't see anything that is altering anything here, but it is possible
that something might be happening that you can't see.

(look at the debian/rules file).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>