Re: "testing" improvements

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 07:40:20AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 02:56:08PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > RMS and the FSF have indicated repeatedly that they have no intention of
> > removing the invariant sections from the GCC, Emacs, and Glibc manuals.
> > And that they have no intention of changing the FDL, despite Debian's
> > problems with it.
> Cite?

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.2-comments.txt seems to be the closest
thing to this; that and the fact that the FDL 1.2 seems to be out of
draft mode, without getting changed.

> I haven't seen any definitive public statements of this sort. The last
> thing I'd seen were reports that they specifically weren't addressing
> the issue at all.

Although something a little more forthright from the FSF on this would
still be nice.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''