Re: Manpages translation

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 10:03:56PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > Package translators have no responsability at all within Debian, they are
> > just bug submitters.
>
> Agreed. I would leave it up to the translation coordinators to either

If we have translation coordinators, fine.  I will simply outright reject
anything that didn't come through them.  I will not accept unverifiable
translations from someone I don't trust.   I think most maintainers agree
with me on this.

> However, we currently only have them for the website. I.e:
> http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translation_coordinators

So, we need them for all translations post-haste :)

> cannot forward it to the translation coordinators for review.

Email aliases should be a fine solution to this problem...

> PS: Maintainers _do_ get crappy translations sent out as bug reports by
> people who help on translating but only do so occasionally.

Indeed we do.

  Henrique Holschuh