Re: What's the rule for dependencies of 'contrib' packages?

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:
> But 'muffin' is contrib.  I thought that 'contrib' packages were
> allowed to depend on packages not in the Debian archive.

>From the Policy Manual:

"Examples of packages which would be included in contrib or
non-US/contrib are:

free packages which require contrib, non-free packages or packages
which are not in our archive at all for compilation or execution,..."

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *