Re: So many packages. So few that I need started at every boot.

begin  Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 07:28:17 +0100, Bernd Eckenfels
> <lists@lina.inka.de> wrote:
>>On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 11:07:50AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
>>> It would be
>>> better to do things that the maintainer expected we users would do.
>>It is the weöö dpcumented method, which should work. Another option is to
>>add a start yes/no option in a sourced configuration file. This is allowed
>>but not mandatory. In that case debconf can be used.
> However, this doesn't prevent the daemon from being started after its
> installation. I'd like to be able to install cron to a changeroot
> without having an orphan daemon hanging around after killing the
> chroot.

Maybe policy-rc.d could help. I have some differences between the real
system and the chroot. So policy-rc.d can decide if it was started within
the chroot and deny the start.

Wer in einem gewissen Alter nicht merkt, dass er hauptsächlich von
Idioten umgeben ist, merkt es aus einem gewissen Grunde nicht.
		     	      	  		(Curt Goetz)