Re: So many packages. So few that I need started at every boot.

Hello Dan,

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 11:07:50AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Do various things that change the links in /etc/rc.*, I was told.  Uh
> huh, lasted until the next upgrade of that package.

This is a bug. Removing a /etc/rc*.d/ link must be preserved while upgrading
a package, and it will be, by dpkg.

> It would be
> better to do things that the maintainer expected we users would do.

It is the weöö dpcumented method, which should work. Another option is to
add a start yes/no option in a sourced configuration file. This is allowed
but not mandatory. In that case debconf can be used.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --