Re: apt 0.6 in experimental

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 01:36, Joey Hess wrote:
--cut--
> My setup is loosely derived from that described in section 3.2 of that
> very document, which uses --print-uris.
>
> > For local repositories, Release isn't copied, and apparently gpgv doesn't

you mean file: repos, right ? What about http:// and ftp:// on localhost,
Release aint copied again ?

> > expect this.  -o Debug::Acquire::gpgv=yes should give some detail about
> > where it's going wrong.
>
> Hmm, I was setting this up on another machine that has the bandwidth to
> apt-get update right now, and:
>
> Fetched 75.6kB in 1s (44.2kB/s)
> zsh: segmentation fault  apt-get update
>
> Unfortunatly when I run it again, it does not crash anymore.

#81829 and here is what Jason says:
---------
Their are only 2 known cases where this happens:
   1) Your libc/libstdc++ is screwed
   2) Your system has corrupted the data in /var/cache/apt/*.bin

In #1 you have to fix it, in #2 it usually fixes itself next 'update', but
if that is not the case 'rm /var/cache/apt/*.bin' always fixes it.

Nobody has been able to show that these are actual APT bugs, the reason I
have not closed the reports is because I would like it to handle #2 more
elegantly and make a better error message.

another break could be in linkage of libstdc++ and apt compiled with different
g++ (2.9.x, 3.x) having different ABI's ?

--
pub  4096R/0E4BD0AB 2003-03-18 <keyserver.bu.edu>
1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB