Re: apt 0.6 in experimental

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 04:27:44PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > It is normal to only see Release.gpg; it's a side effect of the way that the
> > download bits work.
>
> I use apt-get --print-uris update as art of what is essentially an
> offline apt setup. Won't this horribly break such things?

Yes, it will.  Release is not queued until Release.gpg has been attempted,
and Packages and Sources are not queued until Release has been attempted.
If you use the method described in "Using APT Offline" (in apt-doc), rather
than a hack based on apt-get --print-uris update, everything should work
fine.

> W: GPG error: file: local/ Release: Unknown error executing gpgv
> W: GPG error: file: unstable/ Release: Unknown error executing gpgv
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
>
> In lists, I have:
>
> _home_joey_lib_debian_local_Packages
> _home_joey_lib_debian_unstable_Packages
>
> Nothing else matching _home_*, only stuff for remote repositories.
>
> In lists/partial:
>
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          189 Dec 29 14:51 _home_joey_lib_debian_local_Release.gpg
> -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          189 Dec 29 14:51 _home_joey_lib_debian_unstable_Release.gpg
>
> These are identical to the ones in the repository. If I delete them,
> they come back on the next apt-get update

For local repositories, Release isn't copied, and apparently gpgv doesn't
expect this.  -o Debug::Acquire::gpgv=yes should give some detail about
where it's going wrong.

--
 - mdz